So.. For general ridicule, these are my resolutions for new years. Don’t normally believe in that kind of thing myself, being more of a ‘JFDI’ kind of person, however, on the theory that putting them out there make it more likely to get done..
- Listen to music more, podcasts less (music podcasts count here).
- Don’t buy any more (e)Books, and read the ones I have!
- Practice the violin at least once a week and get back to lessons by the middle of the year
- Practice Tai Chi Chuan at least one morning in the week (hopefully with the family)
- Finally clear out the loft in time to fit insulation before next winter..
- Build something (perhaps more than one something) with my Raspberry Pi
- Get out to more live events with Mrs Kript and 2.0..
I’m giving myself some exclusion on the eBooks thing already; if another Humble eBook Bundle ships (since I support the model and want to promote it), the Hugo Awards Voters Packet (might get sticky this year with other projects but..), and if any of the following release new books; Jim Butcher, William Gibson, Neal Stephenson, Charlie Stross, Garth Nix (but only if he releases any more ‘Mr Fitz..’ stories), David Blank-Edelman, Tom Limonchelli and possibly Cory Doctorow, Ben Aabromovitch and Peter Morwood (if her releases another in the ‘Horse Lord’ series). Oh, and any work requirements for technical books, although since we now have individual SafariOnline subscriptions, that shouldn’t be needed, right (twitch)?
Yeah, the eBooks thing doesn’t look likely does it..?